Saturday, May 29, 2010

a sleepy update

I'm about off to bed now...it's 10 o'clock and I'm whooped. The bonnet is still in the same state it was when I put it down last night, it only needs about 30 minutes worth of hand sewing but...I'm so sleepy. I hemmed the work dress skirt and after 4 unsuccessful tries I gauged the waist band. It got to be so frustrating! My toile is now completely fitted, patterned onto paper, scanned into the computer, and emailed to Katie! That was my last big task for the night. I might be driving a racehorse to the track in Boston after I work tomorrow. I normally don't work on the weekend, but the weekend girl has a wedding to go to. If I don't end up making the trip to Boston tomorrow I'll get the bodice cut out, and with the lining already cut I will hopefully get the basic bodice put together, and possibly get the waistband assembled. I'm still not 100% sure what style sleeves I'll be doing for this dress. I'm hoping to have the whole thing, minus closures, finished on Monday. Tuesday I will get the closures out of storage, along with my work petticoat fabric, and hopefully get photos up by Wednesday. Well I'm off to shower!
Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment