Thursday, October 22, 2009

a blustery day for sewing


I woke up today to the sound of wind whipping around the house, and rain beating at the windows. I love these kind of days! After drinking a cup of coffee I bundled up in my carhart and went out to do the barn chores. 3 of the 4 horses wanted to be caught, despite the nasty weather. They were turned out into the hay field, after a bit the last one conceded. After putting his grazing muzzle on and turning him out, the cats were fed and I rushed inside to get out of the wind and rain.

Today's s ewing projects were drafting up a pair of drawers for a friend, and trying out some nightgown pattern ideas. The drawers took little time, about 15 minutes to draft it, and an hour to cut an d sew a toile to send to him. The nightgowns, alas, are still in the planning stage in my head but it's early. We'll see where I end up tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment