Saturday, June 5, 2010

antique dressers and knicknacks!

Today Peter and I spent nearly our entire day at tag sales and antique shops. We finally have a signed agreement for our home, and the septic plans are at the board of health awaiting review. We have a new closing diginal date, but at least we didn't have to go to litigation to get our home. We got several really neat things for our soon-to-be home, and I can't wait to show them to you!ate of June 30th...several months past our original date.


Here is a really cool old fan that my husband picked out for $4, he is so excited to use it in his new office!
These next two pictures are of a wooden drying rack. It hangs on the wall and when it isn't in use folds flat! What an idea!!! I'm so excited to try it out!


This little dresser needs pulls, and we're thinking of using it to hold our flat screen and store our movies in the drawers. We haven't decided for sure yet.

This beauty is my new dresser! I love the color, but I also love the original wood. We haven't decided if we're going to strip and restain it.


This mirror we picked up for a steal, and have no clue what we're going to do with yet!


I love this last one! I've been wanting a spice tin for quite some time. I have no clue how old it is, but I know tins like this were used in the mid 19th century. One of the smaller tins has a slightly rusted out bottom, so I think I will be putting wax into all of them, just as a way to keep the contents more protected.

No comments:

Post a Comment